Skip to main content

Sour Cream Enchiladas

Hey there friends!

I want to share a recipe with you that I've been making for the last few years. This is definitely one of my "go-to" recipes for dinner. You can use diced chicken breast, but I like to use canned chicken as well. If you want a little spice to them, just add the green chilies. These are easy to make, creamy, and delicious. I love everything about them! Give these Enchiladas a try, and let me know what you think!


Recipe adapted from: Food.com

Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 5 large enchiladas

Ingredients:
1 pound of chicken breast, diced (if short on time, use cooked canned chicken)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
5 large flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups of grated Monterey Jack or Mexican Blend cheese
1/4 cup of butter
1/4 cup of flour
1 (15 oz.) can of chicken broth
1 cup of sour cream
Optional: 1 (4 oz.) can of green chilies


Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2.) In frypan, cook chicken and onion together in vegetable oil over medium-high heat until chicken is done and onions are soft.


3.) Divide chicken and onion mixture between 5 large tortillas. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheese to each.



4.) Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in 9 X 13 baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
5.) Melt butter in a saucepan.
6.) Stir in flour to make roux. Stir until bubbly.
7.) Gradually whisk in chicken broth. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.


8.) Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and green chilies. Pour mixture over enchiladas.


9.) Top enchiladas with remaining cheese.



10.) Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.

See how yummy these look?!
Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cream Cheese Teddy Graham Dip

Hey y'all! This is a sweet and yummy treat that I have made several times before. I found the recipe a few years ago in a sale paper at a local grocery store. It is SUPER easy....and has cream cheese! The hardest part is putting it in the refrigerator to give it time to cool and harden. This time I did not have any mini chocolate chips on hand, so I used regular sized chips, and they worked just fine! Also, I couldn't decide on which Teddy Grahams to use, so I bought two different kinds for dipping. This would be a great dessert for kids of all ages, or even those of us who are just kids at heart. 💗 🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻 Recipe from: CV's sale paper Total Time: 10 minutes Servings: about 10 Cream Cheese Teddy Graham Dip Ingredients: 8 oz. package of cream cheese 1/2 cup of butter, softened 3/4 cup of powdered sugar 2 tablespoons of brown sugar 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract 1 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips Box of Teddy Grahams of your ...

A.1. Meatloaf

Hey everyone! Here's a recipe that I make fairly often. I'm not a huge fan of meatloaf really. This is more for the husband than anything, but this meatloaf has such a good flavor that I will eat it. I found this recipe on the side of an A.1. Original Sauce bottle and gave it a try a few years ago, and it has just kind of stuck! Whip up some mashed potatoes and heat up some green beans to go with it, and you've got yourself a meal. Recipe from: A.1. Original Sauce bottle Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 60-70 minutes Servings:6 A.1. Meatloaf Ingredients: 2 pounds ground beef 1 onion, chopped 8 oz. can tomato sauce 1 cup dry breadcrumbs 1/2 cup A.1. Original Sauce 2 eggs, beaten 1/2 teaspoon black pepper Directions: 1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 2.) Divide tomato sauce. 3.) Mix half of tomato sauce and all other ingredients together in a large bowl. 4.) Using your hands, knead all ingredients until thoroughly combined. 5.) ...

Orange Crush Creamsicle Float

Orange Crush Creamsicle Float   Servings: 1 Ingredients: 2-4 scoops of your favorite vanilla ice-cream 1 12 oz. can of Orange Crush® soda Optional: Can of Reddi Wip® Directions: 1.) Scoop ice-cream into glass 2.) Pour can of Orange Crush® over ice-cream 3.) Optional: Top with Reddi Wip® Ta-Da! Enjoy!

Sausage Egg Roll in a Bowl

Recipe from 'Buns in my Oven' Sausage Egg Roll in a Bowl Servings: 4 Prep Time: 2 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Ingredients: 1 pound ground pork sausage 6 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 tablespoon ginger, minced 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1/4 cup chopped green onions 1 tablespoon sesame oil I have been using a coleslaw mix and pickled ginger when making. Directions: 1.) Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring often to crumble, until cooked through. Do not drain. 2.) Add the coleslaw mix, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce to the skillet with sausage. Cook 3-4 minutes or until cabbage has softened. 3.) Remove from heat and top with green onions. Drizzle with sesame oil. 4.) Serve immediately. Enjoy your Sausage Egg Roll in a Bowl!

Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef

Hey y'all! Well, we've almost made it to Friday, and I've got a new recipe for you to try out this weekend!  This Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef is soooooo good. Instead of heading to that Chinese buffet, stay home and mix this up instead.  I don't recall where I originally found this recipe, but I have made it several times in the crock-pot, and it's ALWAYS delicious. I decided a couple weekends ago  to try this recipe using the Slow Cook option on my new Instant Pot®. It's supposed to cook just like a slow cooker on this setting. You keep the time and temperature the same as you would in a slow cooker and make sure that the lid is venting. I cooked the beef mixture in the Instant Pot® for 4.5 hours before adding the cornstarch and water mixture, and it worked out perfectly!  As you will see, this recipe calls for flank steak, but I have used different cuts, and as long as it is thinly sliced, it always seems to turn out good. This particular time I used bottom ...

Sticky Gooey Lemon Brownies

Hey everyone! These lemon brownies are hands down my favorite dessert that I have ever made, and it's your lucky day because I'm deciding to share them with you! 🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋 (Recipe originally from "Becky Bakes") Sticky Gooey Lemon Brownies Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups of flour 1 1/2 cups of sugar 1/2 teaspoon of salt 10 tablespoons of butter, melted & slightly cooled 3 large eggs 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice 1 teaspoon packed lemon zest (from 1 lemon) Directions: 1.) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter a 9 X 13 baking dish 2.) In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt 3.) In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and zest until combined 4.) Mix the butter mixture into the flour mixture until well combined 5.) Spread the batter into...